-->

donate now !



Other stuff

Grandmother

My grandmother is an incredible woman. Once i told her i was quitting my job for another , and she said in her grandmotherly way, you've never had to beg for work. It sounded like i had tip toed through the tulips without so much as a hitch or hiccup. Maybe she picked up on the arrogance in my voice at leaving a job i hated. She was right of course. I go where Jesus sends me, and I've never missed a meal.

But her number was the only one i put to memory at a young age and recite occasionally to this day, though she's been dead for years now. The last four are 4258. At her funeral one of my cousins cried the number out in dismay and said, what will we do now?! No kidding. Who would we call in our hour of need? Ask me other numbers and i may hesitate, but that one rolls off my tounge, like cussing a hot August day in Vegas.

Rest in peace and may i join you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment