-->

donate now !



Other stuff

Who the hell is this guy

Having been a software developer for over 40 years there appears to be two kinds of software; software that disappears like the Morning Dew when the Sun hits it and software that endures. It would be very easy to spend your entire life as a software developer and shortly after retiring have no software to show for it in production. 
Truly great software Developers have very thick skin. They realize that almost every keystroke is going to be criticized. Every decision will be brought into question. Every design will be considered flawed from the outset. This is the nature of software development. What's amazing about this whole process is how little of this software ever sees the light of day. It is a very strange field. Software developers tend to have an attitude which sounds something like this: I'm awesome, everyone else is okay, unfortunately there's a small number of people that are total failures. If you're uncomfortable with this, software development probably is not for you.

I love Jesus and I pray most days that I'll make it into the Eternal Paradise, even so, I'm awesome, you're okay and unfortunately you may be a total failure.

My software is awesome. Much of it has stood the test of time. Years ago a boss was complaining that I had missed a couple of schedules by one to five days. He droned on for several minutes, because he could see it wasn't having the desired effect. When he paused I asked him, what do you think of the quality of my work? He looked confused, then resolute, and replied, the quality of your work is incredible.




No comments:

Post a Comment