-->

donate now !



Other stuff

Microsoft and clouded thinking

Microsoft has taken a huge wrong turn with Windows 10. I have always had a Windows computer, until now. Microsoft is determined to get you lost in the cloud, but that is the big weakness of chromebook. Too much cloud. If Microsoft keeps pushing to get the subscription model from the general public they may lose the home computer market.

I've had Windows 7 for years and had to edit doc and docx files with wordpad, because I'm too cheap to pay extra for Word. Think how sad it is. They don't provide a basic doc Word package standard on the o/s.  That seems self defeating. I'm moving to chrome. I can edit doc files for free.

Now Microsoft has some stuff still desirable. Like a CD/DVD player standard. But now I can play those in my car or TV. Chrome can probably use an external player although I haven't looked into it.

Microsoft desperately needs to get into the phone business again. But they need a better model. Cheaper than iPhone but a little more than android. Quit trying to charge extra for basic stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment