-->

donate now !



Other stuff

Life is tough

Now very most likely today Jeremiah is having a fantastic time in heaven. Here's a guy who went all-in. When God told him to do something he did it. Even so he had an incredibly difficult time. In the first chapter of the book of Jeremiah in the Bible God says and I quote you always know you're in trouble when somebody says and I quote I don't know why but I'll probably get to heaven and God will be like lets see what you were quoting here and I'll be sitting there you know peeing my pants and thinking what stupid thing did I say but anyway.

Jeremiah chapter 1 verse 7 and 8, but the Lord said unto me say not I am a child for Thou shalt go to all that I send thee and whatsoever I command thee Thou shalt speak. Be not afraid of their faces for I am with thee to deliver thee saith the Lord.

Later on in Jeremiah I think he gets thrown into two separate Wells. One of them is full of mud at the bottom and he sinks in up to his waist or maybe even up to his chest. Now God does deliver him he does get out of those Wells and he survives the process is my understanding but another place it says they struck him so he got beat up. I think at one point he has to beg one of the Kings for his life. I mean we like the idea that God's going to deliver us and will be some miraculous way with you know a flying carpet or something and he'll come swooping in and whisk you away before any bad stuff happens you know just like in the movies or Han Solo will come flying in with the Millennium Falcon and he'll pick you up then whisk you away. Of course there's this one scene where they pick up Luke after he's got his hand chopped off so I guess Jeremiah did better than that I think he died with all his body parts intact.

Having said all that, there's also the big picture perspective on deliverance. The idea that you're really delivered into heaven after death. You may die in some way that really doesn't seem very appealing but turns out to be a very short term problem. As humans we're just programmed to want an Earthly delivery where are your spirited away to some Island Paradise to finish out your days. That generally doesn't appear to be God's approach.

No comments:

Post a Comment